Friday, November 11, 2011

Guitar build complete!

Meet Pumpkin! :D



 Pau ferro fretboard!

 DiMarzio Tone Zone!

 Quartersawn canary neck!


 
One more shot with my orange seatbelt strap XD
I'm just missing a green knob (or a pumpkin knob haha) and it'll be 100% complete! :D

This was my first guitar build and I learned many things. SUPER happy that it turned out amazing! She plays super well and sounds huge! :D This is my first single humbucker guitar (I've wanted one for a while) and I find it sounds a lot better than guitars with 2+ pups...simplified circuit perhaps? She has nice clean sounds too! but distortion will be where it's at for this one ;)

This guitar also has quite a few new features to me. First being the 10"-16" compound radius fretboard. I must say this feels AMAZING...so comfy all over the neck. The second would be stainless steel frets. They feel smoother when bending but I still need to polish them at some point. Third would be the raw canary neck. Warmoth says that it's ok for it to be unfinished and right now it really feels great! You can really feel it vibrating when you play :)

Will post the rest of the in-progress pics later...for now, I'm too excited about it! :D

-snow

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. The man who plays this is drop dead handsome, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete